Sugar is hiding everywhere. In prepared pasta sauces, salad dressing, cereal, and even sauces such as fish sauce & soy sauce. It doesn't mean that there is no sugar in your food product when the word 'sugar' is not listed on the label. Sugar can hide behind many other names.
Here are 10 reasons why sugar is bad for you:
- Added sugars are "empty calories" and bad for your teeth
- Sugar can overload your liver with its high fructose content
- It can cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Can cause insulin resistance, leading to metabolic syndrome, obesity, cardiovascular disease and type II diabetes
- High sugar consumption can cause inflammation, another potential cause of cancer
- Sugar messes with our hormones and have unique fat-promoting effects leading to obesity
- Sugar is highly addictive
- Sugar raises your cholesterol level
That's why at Cookit SG, we source for only the purest ingredients with no added sugar (natural or artificial) and we make our sauces & dressing from scratch.